Theme Switcher
Switch to:

mewe

Join us over at the Facebook replacement MeWe.com. Join up and become part of 2018's great migration off of Facebook.
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Site Stats
Album Reviews: 6679
Comments: 16714
Ratings: 4967
Forum Posts: 22735
View Thread
 Print Thread
Pat DiNizio - The Smithereens
jeffrey343
Pat DiNizo, a founding member, lead vocalist, and primary songwriter of U.S. band The Smithereens, passed away December 12, 2017 at age 62 due to complications from various health issues. We haven't reviewed any of their albums on this site, but they were pretty successful in the late 80s / early 90s. Their most famous song was 'A Girl Like You' from 1989, which would easily make it onto a desert island playlist of mine.

Eric
Oh man, I loved 'A Girl Like You' and really still do, great pop.

jeffrey343
Eric wrote:

Oh man, I loved 'A Girl Like You' and really still do, great pop.

Here ya go Eric. It really is a great song. I couldn't get into their entire catalog, but that song makes it onto a bunch of my workout playlists.

YouTube Video:

Edited by gdazegod on 16-01-2018 18:59

reyno-roxx
Eric, did you ever hear the late Dave Zychek's version of 'A Girl Like You' produced by Beau Hill?

Eric
I have not Dave, sounds interesting though....

reyno-roxx
Eric, go to www.stealingwishes.com and you'll find the video David made with the Brit singer Deborah Jones he was working with in that band before he passed away. They did some great stuff together that sadly remains unreleased.

Eric
Got it.

Jump to Forum:

Articles Cloud
Aruna - 2005 Running Red Lights, Benatar, Pat - 1982 Get Nervous, Dodgers, The - 1978 Love On The Rebound, Fate - 1985 Fate, Slick, Grace - 1984 Software, Zahalan - 1990 Zahalan, Heaven And Hell - 2009 The Devil You Know, Heinz Sight - 1988 A Face In The Crowd, Iron Maiden - 2012 En Vivo! (Live in Chile), Rock, Rob - 2005 Holy Hell, 1st Avenue - 1994 Daily Battle, Marcello Vestry - 2008 Marcello Vestry, OSI - 2006 Free, Threshold - 1993 Wounded Land, Journey - 1980 Dream After Dream
Tags©
Flash And The Pan Daughtry Eddie Schwartz Samurai Kenny Rogers Jnr Blind Alley Ghost Machinery Helloween Stage Dolls Led Zeppelin Danger (Sweden) The Cadillac Black Jaugernaut Gino Vannelli Quebec Double Tufano & Giammarese Band Steppenwolf Wrabit Billy Thermal Concrete Jungle (USA) Brian McDonald Jaugernaut Derelict Brew Raven Doris Brendel Steve Miller Band Dockers Guild Orleans The Loose Phil Vincent
All Tags