Theme Switcher
Switch to:

mewe

Join us over at the Facebook replacement MeWe.com. Join up and become part of 2018's great migration off of Facebook.
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Site Stats
Album Reviews: 6679
Comments: 16714
Ratings: 4967
Forum Posts: 22735
View Thread
 Print Thread
R.I.P Dolores O'Riordan (The Cranberries)
gdazegod
It's only week 3 of 2018, and the hits keep coming.

Irish and international singer Dolores O’Riordan has died suddenly in London today. She was 46 years old. The lead singer with the Irish band the Cranberries was in London for a short recording session. No further details are available at this time.

Family members are devastated to hear the breaking news and have requested privacy at this very difficult time.

O'Riordan's distinctive, lilting voice led the Cranberries to international fame in the '90s, thanks to hits like 'Linger,' 'Dreams' and 'Zombie.' They sold over 40 million records worldwide before taking a hiatus in 2003. In 2009, they re-formed and released the album 'Roses' in 2012.

Last April, the band released an acoustic album that featured orchestral arrangements of their previous hits, as well as a few new songs. A 2017 tour of Europe and the U.S. was canceled due to O'Riordan's health issues. Also in 2017, she announced that she'd been diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

O'Riordan released two solo albums: 2007's 'Are You Listening?' and 2009's 'No Baggage.'

reyno-roxx
Very sad. I have her first solo album that Steve DeMarchi told me to check out as he played guitar on it. Steve played in Dolores' solo band as well as with the Cranberries after Alias had first split. It's a good album.

Eric
Good band although for many her voice was an acquired taste. Personally, I owned a couple of their albums back in the day and enjoyed them quite a bit at the time. Very sad news and so young. RIP.

george_the_jack
I have never been a fan of the band nor I liked her voice (rather the opposite) nevetheless it's sad to lose people so young. May she R.I.P.

gdazegod
We have a Cranberries review in our 2001 section.
https://glorydaze...icle_id=50

Jump to Forum:

Articles Cloud
Mr Mister - 1984 I Wear The Face, Clearland - 2004 Gift From Time, Toto - 1992 Kingdom Of Desire, Band Central Station - 1999 our very first interview!, Street Legal - 2000 Thunderdome, Takit - 1982 Takit (EP), White Lie - 1980 True Confessions, Load, The - 1976 Praise The Load, Freakshow - 2009 Freakshow, Eva (Italy) - 2001 Interview with Stefano Brusa and Andrea Brusadelli, Bambi - 2013 Complicated, Frozen Tears - 1997 Silence Of The Night, ZZYZX - 1986 Runnin', Omega - 1986 A Föld Árnyékos Oldalán, Zahalan, Mary-Lu - 1982 Think Of Me
Tags©
Dirty Looks Rock Candy Records Voyager (Australia) Fates Warning Magnum Statement Asian Typhoon Thieves In The Temple Laban (Denmark) Eric Quincy Tate Rage Of Angels FSB Starcastle Rock Candy Records Wounded Bird Vandenberg Asia Black Majesty Robby Valentine Black Diamonds Toy Matinee Van Halen Dolly Parton Kings Of Modesty Whitesnake Thread Freedom Call Pathosray Soundtrack Various Artists Phase Rockicks Planet 3 Steely Dan
All Tags