Theme Switcher
Switch to:

mewe

Join us over at the Facebook replacement MeWe.com. Join up and become part of 2018's great migration off of Facebook.
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Site Stats
Album Reviews: 6679
Comments: 16714
Ratings: 4967
Forum Posts: 22735
View Thread
 Print Thread
R.I.P Fast Eddie Clarke (Motorhead, Fastway)
gdazegod
The sad news of the rocker's death was announced on the band's official Facebook page

Motorhead and Fastway legend Edward Allan Clarke, has died at the age of 67.

Guitarist Fast Eddie, the last remaining member of the classic line-up, passed away peacefully in hospital on Wednesday after battling pneumonia.

The sad news was announced on the band's official Facebook page.

They said: "We are devastated to pass on the news we only just heard ourselves earlier tonight...Edward Allan Clarke - or as we all know and love him Fast Eddie Clarke - passed away peacefully yesterday.

"Ted Carroll (who formed Chiswick Records) made the sad announcement via his FB page, having heard from Doug Smith that Fast Eddie passed peacefully in hospital where he was being treated for pneumonia..."

darkblue
Tremendously sad news. RIP

rkbluez
Sad news another classic rocker gone...RIP Fast Edddie may you rock in Heaven.

bpdp3
The "ace of spades" album and the fastway debut were so important in making my teenage years bearable. I'm sure I'm not alone in this. Great guitarist!

Nick C
Sad news indeed....R.I.P.

Eric
Not a major fan, but sad news and all three of the original band are gone. Saw Clarke with Fastway and they were fantastic. RIP.

Explorer
Same here Eric, but saw them live on the Bomber tour and the legendary `Heavy Metal Barn Dance` at the Cow Shed that was Bingley Hall, quite the experience. I can't think off the top of my head of another band where all the original members have now passed away. It seems in the last few years at least we are now entering that time where all our (my) musical heroes are leaving us, and sadly I don't see anyone replacing them anytime soon.As much as I wasn't a big fan of Motorhead, the likes of them will never be seen, or heard again. R.I.P
Edited by Explorer on 12-01-2018 22:36

Nick C
Ramones ...all gone.
RE Motorhead - Eddie wasn't an original member as such and neither was Phil, but they were the classic line-up.
Edited by Nick C on 12-01-2018 22:38

Explorer
I stand corrected.
Edited by Explorer on 12-01-2018 22:39

Nick C
Grin

melodiapositiva
.....It seems in the last few years at least we are now entering that time where all our (my) musical heroes are leaving us, and sadly I don't see anyone replacing them anytime soon.

Completly agree with that ,and it´s a thing that worries me .In ten years a lot of our favourite bands will be just history real sad

Jump to Forum:

Articles Cloud
Magnum - 2011 The Visitation, The Essential Series - 2017 Thrash Metal (Volume 1), by Dtabachn, Iron Maiden - 1990 No Prayer For The Dying, Nazareth - 1975 Hair Of The Dog, PV (Denmark) - 1999 Create Your Lover [Demo], Peraino, Victor (Kingdom Come) - 1975 No Mans Land, Cornerstone - 2003 Once Upon Our Yesterdays, Savoy Brown - 1981 Rock N Roll Warriors, Wood, Joseph Lee - 2002 Joseph Lee Wood, Kennedy, Ray - 1980 Ray Kennedy, Edde Maxx - 1993 Hot Paint, Thorpe, Billy - 1981 Stimulation, Boulevard (Sweden) - 1987 Whats Up, Perfect World - 2003 Perfect World, Petra - 1990 Beyond Belief
Tags©
Triumph Live Albums DVD Grand Funk Railroad Live Albums Rick Dufay Aerosmith Supreme Majesty Starship Curves John Wetton Markonee Steely Dan Aim Dalton Shooting Star Paul Janz Colosseum II Luminos The Scorpions Tr3nity Winger Kip Winger Danny Danzi Rock Candy Records Krokus Eric Carmen Cheap Trick John Porter McMeans Santana Helstar The Order Rick Fowler Fortnox Steel Breeze Praying Mantis Zappacosta
All Tags