Theme Switcher
Switch to:

mewe

Join us over at the Facebook replacement MeWe.com. Join up and become part of 2018's great migration off of Facebook.
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Site Stats
Album Reviews: 6679
Comments: 16714
Ratings: 4967
Forum Posts: 22735
View Thread
 Print Thread
Spotify in big trouble, sued for $1.6 billion
gdazegod
From Reuters today, and all across the major news outlets and social media.

''Music streaming company Spotify was sued by Wixen Music Publishing Inc last week for allegedly using thousands of songs, including those of Tom Petty, Neil Young and the Doors, without a license and compensation to the music publisher.''

Here's the source news article, and no doubt, there will be many other outlets covering the story in the coming days.

Reuters News Link

jefflynnefan
I can't figure out how publishing companies/record labels know how many downloads of their songs were actually downloaded from these places. I wouldn't think Spotify would allow access to music publishers of their files/records. Seems like Spotify could rig the system in their favor. Maybe they have been.

gdazegod
You would have to read the fine print to understand how these contracts are actually designed. It is surely not in the favour of the record label or the artist.

Jump to Forum:

Articles Cloud
Mantas - 1988 Winds Of Change, Angry Tears - 2000 Interview with Joey Sinopoli, Treat - 2010 Coup De Grace, Hall And Oates - 1997 Marigold Sky, Praying Mantis - 2000 Nowhere To Hide, Esquire - 1987 Esquire, Babe Blu - 1987 Can't Stop Rock N Roll, Firehouse - 2003 Prime Time, Symphonic Slam - 1976 Symphonic Slam, Night Ranger - 1985 7 Wishes, RPM - 1984 Phonogenic, Whitford St Holmes - 1981 Whitford St Holmes, Foghat - 1979 Boogie Motel, Time Machine - 2002 Evil, Steed, Jim - 2000 Til I Found You
Tags©
Megadeth The Storm (Kristina Nichols) Marc Jordan Sonic Pulsar Mara Legs Diamond Timmy Roadfever Forsale Gotthard Sapphire Eyes Pagans Mind Best Of 2009 Jimmy Barnes The Boomers Ian Thomas Donnie Iris Keel Culver Kingz Billy Trudel Michael Thompson Faith Band Megadeth Grave Digger Louis Michael Infinity Records New England Dominoe Pages Brownsville Station Best Of 2017 EP Vince Cardillo Sherbet The Sherbs Utopia Todd Rundgren Nelson
All Tags