Theme Switcher
Switch to:

mewe

Join us over at the Facebook replacement MeWe.com. Join up and become part of 2018's great migration off of Facebook.
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Site Stats
Album Reviews: 6679
Comments: 16714
Ratings: 4967
Forum Posts: 22735
View Thread
 Print Thread
Gene Simmons, maybe his solo album was aptly named
gdazegod
With all the sexual misconduct accusations flowing through Hollywood like a raging torrent, let's not forget the rock n roll industry. Of course, this website is well-heeled in the history of the excessive 70's and 80's. Perhaps the 80's more so than most. If you've ever read the website http://metalsludg..., then you'll come to realise just how much sexual antics played a part in the lives of rock n roll musicians, and the groupies that followed them. I doubt you'll be reading about the thousands of gorgeous girls who chased after the hair metal heroes of the day.

Which leads me to KISS. Perhaps the band most noted for their antics and escapades during their heyday. Who hasn't heard of the stories, rumours, innuendo and recounting of events in relation to the masked ones? Gene Simmons has been written on record to have slept with hundreds (some say thousands) of women. Yet, he has been a constant companion to actress and former model Shannon Tweed for years; with two children as well. The TV Show he appeared in seems to make him out to be less than a megalomaniac and more of a typical dad and husband. But that could be all for show.

Yet still, there is a certain persona that he and Paul Stanley give off when they get out on the road. As this particular journalist recounts.

http://www.news.c...a488eace8a

Reading that article reminds me just what a prat he can be. Do they all seem to lose inhibition when the band goes out on the road? It's like little boys getting ready to do naughty things. Simmons has been the subject of misconduct just recently, it will be interesting to see what comes of that. Maybe that album title 'Asshole' was an apt one?

There are more people willing to come forward and share their dirty laundry about the antics of rock stars. So if 2017 saw the Hollywood brigade come under fire, then maybe 2018 will see rock stars attract the spotlight in their eyes. No doubt there are a plenty of wicked tales to be told. As they say - sex drugs and rock n roll!

Nick C
I guess the difference may well be that Hollywood likes to project this holier than thou clean as clean can be image - the rock industry has never alluded to that - probably the opposite, you hang around rockers I guess you know what to expect. Having said that there is the practically jailbait issue of groupies (especially in the U.S. where many were almost famous) back around the 70's.

gdazegod
Jailbait underage groupies (and especially those who got pregnant) may come back to haunt some of those identities, if and when the truth comes out. Wait for the flood of revelations next year. I'm counting on it. Shock

darkblue
The sex and drugs part of the rock n roll story has always turned me off, some journalists glorifying stupid, selfish, arrogant behaviour like it was some ideal to be lived up to.

I'm a massive KISS fan with a stupidly large collection of their stuff in all manner of formats but gave up on the 'personality' side of the band a long time ago. Simmons has long lost any sense of reality while Stanley is slightly more grounded - if still holding some questionable opinions. Ironically the later members of the band such as Carr, Kulick, Singer and Thayer seem(ed) to appreciate the world they inherited much more than the four who created it in the first place.

Simmons touting his stupidly ridiculous Vault set proves he's no interest in the real fans unless they are willing to pay thousands of dollars to kiss his ass. He's not even bothering to disguise it these days.

I learnt to separate the person from the music a long time ago. Although that theory may be tested in the months and years ahead...

gdazegod
I think wanker is a more appropriate name don't you think?

david
Karen & I saw Kiss at Wembley in the early 90s. Standing in the row directly in front of us were 2 women that spent the whole show flaunting themselves to the band on stage, bearing in mind we were at least 100-150 meters from the stage. Paul and Gene where like dogs on heat. They spent the whole show gesturing, pointing and rubbing their crutch at these ladies. Never have i felt so repulsed at a band in my life. Also the ladies behavior was nothing to be proud off. That night Paul and Gene showed themselves to be the biggest bunch of sleazebags ever.

Jump to Forum:

Articles Cloud
Ephraim - 1979 Ephraim, The Murder Of My Sweet - 2017 Echoes Of The Aftermath, White Flame - 2012 I Know Where You Live [ep], Wilson, Steven - 2015 Hand .Cannot .Erase, Saga - 2006 Trust, Silent Rage - 2002 Interview with Jesse Damon, Sweet Comfort Band - 1984 Perfect Timing, Howe, Brian - 2003 Touch, Pain Of Salvation - 2002 Remedy Lane, Stryper - 2009 Murder By Pride, Bamboo Industry - 1990 Tortured By Pleasure, Garfield - 1976 Strange Streets, O'Neill, Sharon - 1983 Foreign Affairs, Various Artists - 1980 Xanadu Soundtrack, Magnum - 1991 The Spirit (Live)
Tags©
Moritz Phil Vincent Rob Frazier Python Night Ranger Lord Grey Black Rose Les Dudek Cher Wounded Bird LeBlanc & Carr Love Hunter Beagle Hat Deathraiser Susan Lynch Jim Capaldi Wounded Bird Quebec Gino Vannelli Sammy Hagar Saxon Hall And Oates Steelhorse (Spain) EP Kanary Helix Rock Candy Records Moon Calhoun The Strand Spellbound Revolution Road Tina Arena Babyface Stefanie The Graces Station Stories Ian Lloyd Tommy James
All Tags