Theme Switcher
Switch to:

mewe

Join us over at the Facebook replacement MeWe.com. Join up and become part of 2018's great migration off of Facebook.
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Site Stats
Album Reviews: 6679
Comments: 16714
Ratings: 4967
Forum Posts: 22735
View Thread
 Print Thread
CRICKET - The Ashes 2017
gdazegod
Bring back Alex Hales and Ben Stokes. Ben played his second game in NZ yesterday on his return back to some sort of form with Canterbury. He made 34, but was overshadowed by NZ international Colin Munro, who made 174 for Auckland! Shock

swingkingandy
I think my days of using England cricket as a "mood enhancer" are over! ah well...back to the whiskey.

darkblue
swingkingandy wrote:

I think my days of using England cricket as a "mood enhancer" are over! ah well...back to the whiskey.

Depressing stuff.

Explorer
Our bowling in particular is proving to be the real weak point. No real pace and our spin bowlers are IMHO very ordinary.

darkblue
Yeah, when the ball isn't moving around our pace bowling is thoroughly impotent.

Explorer
Oh deary me!!, I fear a 5-0 whitewash. Pitiful from England.

englandashes
A maybe wrong, but usually we havenít lost the Ashes by the time the Boxing Day test happens?, have the tests been earlier this time. Not the least bit surprised with the total thrashing, just disappointed, especially with batting of Root, from nearly breaking the record of continuous half centuries, he just falls to pieces, and maybe Cook, one series too far, but who is there to replace him?

swingkingandy
one series too far perhaps for both Cook and Anderson. England's batting is looking thin as is the bowling I guess. Time for England to loll about in the doldrums for the next 10 years!

gdazegod
Chris, yes it appears they did commence earlier than usual. England are also due to cross the Tasman to play the Black Caps in a few months.

So January will be all about the remaining two test matches and a bunch of ODI's and T20's. Considering also the Australian Big Bash is on too.

englandashes
Thank you George, much appreciated, previously Perth always seem to be the last one, the Boxing team seems to be an anticlimax now, although the England team can be blamed for that.Trevor Baylis seems very unconcerned.

Jump to Forum:

Articles Cloud
Lillian Axe - 2007 Waters Rising, Memo - 1977 Captain Thunder, Takara - 2002 Eternal Faith [Reissue], Dynazty - 2014 Renatus, Trees - 1982 Sleep Convention, Shinedown - 2009 The Sound Of Madness [UK Enhanced Edition] , Dream Theater - 2009 Black Clouds And Sliver Linings, Utopia - 1980 Adventures In Utopia, Eight Seconds - 1990 Big Houses, Rutherford, Mike - 1980 Smallcreep's Day, Red Wine - 2003 Suenos Y Locura, White Eagle - 1993 Bustin' Ass, Last Great Dreamers - 2016 Transmissions From Oblivion, Brother Firetribe - 2006 Interview with Pekka Ansio Heino and Jason Flinck, Cowboy - 1977 Cowboy
Tags©
Vanilla Fudge Blue Oyster Cult Stalk-Forrest Group Tori Amos Y Kant Tori Read Shinedown Golden Earring Dionysus Lee Aaron Montreal Melodica Exodus Electric Eels Kiss Live Albums Kiss Fates Warning Daryl Hall Hall And Oates The Guess Who Burton Cummings Jag Wire Amun Re Degreed Aerosmith Rick Dufay For My Pain Renegade (Canada) Flash And The Pan U.D.O Accept Purple Heart Tommy Shaw Rock Candy Records Alkatrazz Cryonic Temple Detective Michael Des Barres Rock Candy Records Thunderbolt
All Tags