Theme Switcher
Switch to:

mewe

Join us over at the Facebook replacement MeWe.com. Join up and become part of 2018's great migration off of Facebook.
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Site Stats
Album Reviews: 6679
Comments: 16714
Ratings: 4967
Forum Posts: 22735
View Thread
 Print Thread
CRICKET - The Ashes 2017
swingkingandy
Anybody like cricket? Im trying to a find out where I can download highlights of the current England/Australia Ashes "battle". Any directions would be much appreciated... thanks BruceSmile

Explorer
Yep, I love my cricket played for Sandon C.C (North Staffs and South Cheshire Cricket League) for over 25 years before hanging my pads up. As for highlights the BT sport website is showing them after every days play at 7pm, [http://sport.bt.com/cricket/free-ashes-highlights-how-to-watch-australia-v-england-best-bits-with-bt-sport-S11364222752132]..hope this helps.

englandashes
Pay for all the sports on BT and Sky, well I donít go out much, ha ha, with the cricket during the week, I try to at least watch the first hour, but on the first day I saw Cook go for 2, I just switched off and thought here we go again, try again tonight, or this morning, but I am not expecting much.......

gdazegod
Bruce, try this streaming site: https://www.homer...

englandashes
Wow, watching cricket, drinking wine, listening to Dakota, but why some many empty seats, did the Aussies assume the game would be over by day 3?! I suppose the national game of Australia is cricket, its canít be rugby union, as they got totally thrashed by Scotland today........wonder what the odds are for Scotland winning the six nations ?

gdazegod
Most Aussies are out doing the Christmas shopping I reckon. The diehards will come out for the Boxing Day test. Put a few bucks on the Scots winning the 6 Nations. They'll be at good money.

gdazegod
Maybe the Aussie fans knew the result of the 1st test already?

Explorer
It`s very much looking like 1-0 to the Aussies, poor from England in the second innings, still 4 tests to go.

darkblue
Yeah, that lack of mental strength in the batting order in these types of tests reared its head again. It's beginning to look like one or two are maybe getting a spot on previous reputation but then who else would replace them? Hopefully they can settle down from here.

As for Scotland for the 6 nations? Even as a proud Scot I can't see past England.

gdazegod
England really need Ben Stokes to bolster that middle order.

englandashes
A lot of good work, then totally blitzed on the fourth day, 56 to win, bring out Bob Willis and Botham.........

swingkingandy
thanks folks. yeah what a disaster! but then England always like to lose the first test and then go on the comeback trail? definitely miss Stokes fight and attitude ....he should of saved it for the field. I think the sides are quite evenly matched but with Aus having home advantage which will edge them over the line.

gdazegod
England don't have anywhere the bowling class of Mitchell Starc, so they aren't evenly matched in that regard.

Opener Cook really needs to apply himself, as he looking rather vulnerable at the top of the order.

Explorer
Lessons quickly learned by England....hopefully. Stokes is a big miss, but he only has himself to blame for that. Cricket is an exercise in self discipline, something that off the field he seemingly lacks. I'm still optimistic about our prospects for the rest of the series as there's an awful lot of cricket to be played yet.

gdazegod
Ben Stokes is going to be playing domestic cricket in New Zealand over the summer, according to reports coming out today. Andrew Strauss has given the green light.
Edited by gdazegod on 28-11-2017 05:23

gdazegod
Not forgetting, there are several other tests going on around the world.

New Zealand has just flogged West Indies by an innings and 71 runs, all rounder Colin de Grandhomme whacking a century of 71 balls, while debutant wicket keeper Tom Blundell scored a century at his first international knock: not out 126.

While in India, Sri Lanka and the home side are running around wearing face masks due to the horrendous air pollution.

Oh what fun times!

Explorer
Just focusing on the Ashes really, and as I type the second test is finely poised. England still need a more consistent approach, but if they do lose this test, I just can't see any way back for them.

gdazegod
There's a lot of niggle in that game.

Explorer
Which is what makes it so watchable, when I played the sledging was part and parcel of the game, kept you on your toes too.

Explorer
Expected England to have put up more of a fight, V.poor.

Jump to Forum:

Articles Cloud
Boneyard Dog - 2016 Bluesbound Train, Doobie Bros - 1974 What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits, Kamelot - 2007 Ghost Opera, Night Ranger - 2012 24 Strings And A Drummer - Live And Acoustic, Cast, The - 1993 Heat And Serve, Beggars Opera - 1996 The Final Curtain, Thomas, Mike (Band) - 1989 Circular Motion, Jordan, Keven - 2003 Interview, Alessi - 1977 All For A Reason, Tubes, The - 2000 World Tour 2001, Invisible Men - 1983 Invisible Men, Biloxi - 1993 Let The Games Begin, Wrabit - 1983 West Side Kid, Nazareth - 1975 Hair Of The Dog, Scorpions, The - 1988 Savage Amusement
Tags©
David Isaacs Warp Drive Heel Chuck Francour Kracker Marvel Nightwish Harlequin (Canada) Auras Hugo Victor Peraino 8084 White Wizzard Edge Of The Blade Shy (UK) Band Central Station Saffire White Eagle Takara Yesterrock From The Fire Cock Robin House Of Mirrors Rock Candy Records Wounded Bird Kick Axe Wild Force Zion Coastland Ride Pride (Sweden) Dennis Wilson UFO Zero Zero Collective Soul Uriah Heep
All Tags