Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
View Thread
GDM » Public » Anything Goes
 Print Thread
Phil Lanzon of Uriah Heep Solo Album FT John Mitchell and Craig Blundell
Carl Noonan
Phil Lanzon of Uriah Heep Solo Album FT John Mitchell and Craig Blundell
Uriah Heep keyboard player has a new solo album out featuring John Mitchell and Craig Blundell on all tracks. Samples on itunes and it sounds fantastic.
One for fans of Heep and bands like Magnum et al. Wonderful melodic song orientated prog with great vocals and musicianship.

There's a pledge campaign for the vinyl.

https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/phil-lanzon-if-you-think-im-crazy

darkblue
I looked at this before, but the prices put me off to be honest.

I know they're signed but 19 for a CD and 30 for vinyl (25 unsigned) all seems a little steep to me.

Judging by the amount still left to be funded and the time till the campaign closes, I don't think it will reach it's target anyway, unfortunately...

Carl Noonan
I agree they are expensive but I am prepared to support Phil as a long time fan. It does seem to be slow but hopefully it will get past the finish line. I look at it along the lines of, If I went out for a few pints with the lads I'd probably spend 60 to 100 and have nothing to show for it. Having the album will give me something to enjoy for a long time to come so it's worth the money.

You can get an unsigned cd for 12 at the following link if you're interested
https://www.phillanzonwordsandmusic.com/

There are also downloads on Amazon, CDbaby and itunes if you don't mind not having the physical product.

darkblue
Carl Noonan wrote:

I agree they are expensive but I am prepared to support Phil as a long time fan. It does seem to be slow but hopefully it will get past the finish line. I look at it along the lines of, If I went out for a few pints with the lads I'd probably spend 60 to 100 and have nothing to show for it. Having the album will give me something to enjoy for a long time to come so it's worth the money.

You can get an unsigned cd for 12 at the following link if you're interested
https://www.phillanzonwordsandmusic.com/

There are also downloads on Amazon, CDbaby and itunes if you don't mind not having the physical product.

That's a positive way of looking at it Carl. Although, being honest, I don't do the few pints thing, so don't really share that outlook - am I boring or what eh?

Thanks for the link. Yeah, I'll buy the CD at 12.

It does beg the question what Pledge is for these days though. After all if it doesn't hit the target, then technically the campaign is cancelled and no one gets what they pledged for. But anyone can head over to his site and just pre-order the CD from there now and after the campaign has finished.

So what purpose did Pledge actually serve in this process??

I was a big advocate of Pledge/Kickstarter etc as a way to fund albums that wouldn't be made otherwise, but we seem to funding (and paying a premium) for product that would have come out anyway. And it's the same for albums coming out through labels as well, so who are 'funding'?

Sorry for going off on a tangent and this isn't really aimed at Phil. Thanks again for the link Carl!

Carl Noonan
I am with you about Pledge, it does seem a bit mad when things are being made available at more reasonable prices elsewhere. I assume the artists get more of the funds when the sales are made.

darkblue
I think it's just part of a pre-sell now. The likes of Cheap Trick have their label released Christmas CD on Pledge with no exclusives etc, so surely that's just the label sticking it on pledge as a way of promoting the album?

It all seems a little disingenuous to me.

Jump to Forum: