Theme Switcher
Switch to:

mewe

Join us over at the Facebook replacement MeWe.com. Join up and become part of 2018's great migration off of Facebook.
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Site Stats
Album Reviews: 6679
Comments: 16714
Ratings: 4967
Forum Posts: 22735
View Thread
 Print Thread
Michael Johnson (folk rock/country artist)
gdazegod
Minneapolis native Michael Johnson, an active musician for well over forty years has passed away.

I read somewhere on a blog just a few minutes ago that he actually died on Tuesday, July 25th 2017, aged 72.

That came as a bit of a shock to me, as I have collected his stuff over the years, though strictly it's not really melodic rock or AOR.

R.I.P.

http://www.legacy.../186212157

Eric
R.I.P.

I worked with his manager Keith Christensen for a short time. Keith worked for Johnson when the hits 'Bluer than Blue', 'Almost Like Being in Love' and 'This Night won't Last Forever' were all over pop radio in the late 70's.

As I was told by one of his colleagues, somehow Christensen owned part of Johnson's publishing and they had a major fallout/ lawsuit which Johnson won in the end.

Johnson wasn't easy to work with (I briefly knew one of his guitar players) but the again, neither was Christensen who was sued years early by Mary McGregor who had a sappy number 1 hit with 'Torn Between Two Lovers' for pretty much the same reasons. She won and they never spoke again.

I got tired of his all hours drinking and bs and he died several years ago, alone and broke.  no

Jump to Forum:

Articles Cloud
Thunderbolt - 2003 Demons And Diamonds, Dimino - 2015 Old Habits Die Hard, Lake, Greg - 1981 Greg Lake, Constancia - 2015 Final Curtain, Shooting Star - 1982 III Wishes, Digger - 1987 Stronger Than Ever, Murdock, Robert - 1996 Don't Quit Your Day Job, Kingdom Come - 2004 Perpetual, Exile - 1981 Heart And Soul, Newton, Juice - 1984 Can't Wait All Night, Stryper - 2013 No More Hell To Pay, Pretty Boy Floyd - 1989 Leather Boyz With Electric Toyz, Dire Straits - 1982 Love Over Gold, Adrenalin - 2002 Interview with Brian Pastoria, Idle Hours - 2009 Headlong [ep]
Tags©
Foreigner DVD Far Too Jones Survivor Faithful Breath Giant Idle Cure TRW Black Rose (UK) David & David Nazareth Stranded BISS Killer Dwarfs Actors And Actresses Roger Daltrey Rock Candy Records Mayday Iommi Daniel Amos Venturia The Outfield Nils Lofgren Pierce Arrow Benedictum 8084 The Clarks Kurt Howell Aces High Cloven Hoof (UK) Oliver Hartmann Peter Emmett Story Actors And Actresses Jon English
All Tags