Theme Switcher
Switch to:

mewe

Join us over at the Facebook replacement MeWe.com. Join up and become part of 2018's great migration off of Facebook.
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Site Stats
Album Reviews: 6679
Comments: 16714
Ratings: 4967
Forum Posts: 22735
View Thread
 Print Thread
Europe - Walk The Earth
gdazegod
[img]http://gdm.glorydazemusic.com/infusions/images/reviews/europe_ste.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

The new album from EUROPE 'Walk The Earth' will be released on October 20th, on the band's own label: Hell And Back.

darkblue
One of the most consistently good bands of recent years for me.

rkbluez
Agree all of their albums are good but the last few have been real good.

george_the_jack
One of my favourite bands ever that normally the announcement of a new album by them would have made me jumping in jubilation. However, their last one 'Bag of bones' was a huge disappointment to me. Therefore, I'm keeping the expectations low.

gdazegod
Yep, I have some of those later albums, not quite doing it for me either GTJ. Sorry Steve.. Shock

Carl Noonan
Bag of Bones wasn't their last one, that was War of Kings which is for me, their best album.

george_the_jack
Yep I meant War Of kings. Thanks for that Carl.
Either way, that last one was a big letdown. I found that 'Bag of bones' had its moments while 'Last look at Eden' was rather very good. However, as George implies, the later music style the band adopted since their reunion in the mid-'00's, is difficult to be digested and appreciated by us, the fans of their classic sound.

rkbluez
The last few albums War Of Kings and Bag Of Bones is Europe going back to there retro roots of heavy classic rock that they started out playing and I for one would rather hear them playing this style of guitar keyboard heavy rock in the Rainbow, Purple, Whitesnake vein...less 80' melodic pop rock and a more classic rockin' 70's bluesy vibe...and I think they sound great doing the stuff they're doing now...less polish and more punch...just my opinion though...let Norum rock out like he wants to.

darkblue
rkbluez wrote:

The last few albums War Of Kings and Bag Of Bones is Europe going back to there retro roots of heavy classic rock that they started out playing and I for one would rather hear them playing this style of guitar keyboard heavy rock in the Rainbow, Purple, Whitesnake vein...less 80' melodic pop rock and a more classic rockin' 70's bluesy vibe...and I think they sound great doing the stuff they're doing now...less polish and more punch...just my opinion though...let Norum rock out like he wants to.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I see it too. I do really like the more keyboard oriented albums too but from Last Look At Eden (probably my favourite) on, they've been on absolute top form.

I've seen them quite a lot in recent years and they treat all their material like that live too. Much heavier and much less emphasis on the keyboards. They co-headliend with Black Star Riders last time they came to Scotland and once BSR finished their set a few of their fans (well, Thin Lizzy fans) were moaning that Europe wouldn't be up to snuff by comparison. They were completely knocked sideways by just how good and how heavy Europe were.

george_the_jack
I've also seen them twice recently and and I can confirm they blew the roof off the stage. They were great even if they had to play their classic songs downtuned... Personally, I was there for their older stuff and had a great time but, then again, my opinion is biased and you wouldn't hear a bad word from me easily, when it comes to these guys - as I've already said, EUROPE are one of my favourite rock acts.

Jump to Forum:

Articles Cloud
Logan, Johnny - 1989 Mention My Name, Brazen Abbot - 1995 Live And Learn, Fireworks - 1982 Sightseing At Night, RPM - 1982 RPM, Savage - 1983 Loose N Lethal, Michael Learns To Rock - 1993 Colours, C'vello - 1992 C'vello, Various Artists - 1983 Staying Alive [Soundtrack], Caufield, Tom - 1987 Long Distance Calling, Marrs, Steve - 1982 Somebody Somewhere, De Burgh, Chris - 1979 Crusader, Day, Jo - 2003 Interview with South African rocker Jo Day, Styx - 1990 Edge Of The Century, Bullet - 1984 No Mercy, Shiva (UK) - 1982 Firedance
Tags©
American Angel Seven Derek Sherinian Toby Beau Tim Pierce Lars Eric Mattson Joe Pasquale House Of Lords Rozetta REO Speedwagon Jan Park Band Smartbomb Dalton Whitesnake Metallica 101 South Cheap Trick Rock Candy Records Damn Yankees Wounded Bird Mamas Pride Black Star Riders Voodoo Six Savvy Mara Alien (USA) Kayak Terra Nova Aquila Billy Squier Piper Rock Candy Records 1994 Best Of 2008 Rob Halford
All Tags