Theme Switcher
Switch to:

mewe

Join us over at the Facebook replacement MeWe.com. Join up and become part of 2018's great migration off of Facebook.
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Site Stats
Album Reviews: 6679
Comments: 16714
Ratings: 4967
Forum Posts: 22735
View Thread
 Print Thread
Kenny Shields of Streetheart
chrismayek
Very sad to read this morning. I knew he had been in the hospital for a while.

reyno-roxx
Oh man, this is very, very sad news. When working on the Rock Candy reissues of the two Streetheart releases the label put out a few years ago, Kenny and I had a good few hours on the phone together working on the notes. So keen was he to have them as accurate as possible we went through them with a very fine tooth comb. It was a highly unusual, but unique approach but he was an absolute pleasure to work with. Rock In Peace buddy.

Carl Noonan
Jeez, this is sad, love Streetheart, R.I.P. Kenny Shields

Nick C
That is very sad news, another who loves Streetheart - R.I.P.

diegopomp
Sad news...RIP

darkblue
Very sad news indeed. RIP.

Eric
My heart was heavy after I read this on a CBC Facebook post today.

Streetheart were always my favorite Canadian AOR band, Trooper were faves too but Streetheart were the bomb and very much part of my trips to Winnipeg and Thunder Bay in the early 80's buying up anything that remotely looked Maple Leaf AOR, Hard Rock and Prog. I wanted to hear more of bands from Western Canada that had 'that sound'.

I still vividly remember passing on a Streetheart Baseball Jersey I saw in a shop in Winnipeg, why, I'll never know and funnily enough regretted it all these years later. Yes, it would be packed away nowadays, but I would still own it.

The original Faith Nation drummer was from Winnipeg and was in a band called Keystone Cops with Ken 'Spider' Sinnaeve. He used to share Streetheart tales he had heard from Ken with me while shocked I knew of Streetheart at all, let alone the fact I disliked Max Webster.

Extremely sad. Yes, we hear of our genre's heroes passing almost every month now, but this one hits hard. Time marches on. RIP Kenny.

gdazegod
Very tragic and sad indeed. I remember back in 1979 when I first heard 'Meanwhile Back In Paris..' how unique the Streetheart sound was. I was also listening to a lot of Nick Gilder at the time, and I often compared how Kenny and Nick looked kinda similar. Loved those early albums. It's interesting how with Kenny being laid up in hospital, how Spider Sinneave was out touring with Canadian covers band Toque, who we wrote about earlier in the year. Circumstances are never the same for some who are bonded for life. R.I.P. KS

Jump to Forum:

Articles Cloud
April Wine - 1981 The Nature Of The Beast, Kix - 1983 Cool Kids, Danger Avenue - 2008 Danger Avenue [ep], Iron Maiden - 2010 The Final Frontier, Covered Call - 2013 Impact, Nazareth - 2008 The Newz, Who, The - 1978 Who Are You, Alien - 1988 Alien, Nightwork - 1986 Nightwork, Dalbello, Lisa - 1981 Drastic Measures, Starbuck - 1976 Moonlight Feels Right, Lix - 2001 Lix, My Son The Bum - 2014 Follow Me, Like Me, Iron Maiden - 1981 Killers, Riot - 1977 Rock City
Tags©
Secret Crooked X Kerri Anderson Best Of 2007 InTensity EP Hastatus Harlequin (Canada) Mystery Call Me Satan Rob Moratti Richard Marx Tao Final Frontier Craaft Yesterrock The Basics Richard Wright Fair Warning (Germany) Smith And Hayes Stage Dolls Deep Purple Crossrode Joey Stec Rex Smith Wounded Bird Actors And Actresses Blue Oyster Cult MARS Project Max Demian Band Sahara (Sweden) Atlanta Rhythm Section Sapphire
All Tags