Theme Switcher
Switch to:

mewe

Join us over at the Facebook replacement MeWe.com. Join up and become part of 2018's great migration off of Facebook.
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Site Stats
Album Reviews: 6679
Comments: 16714
Ratings: 4967
Forum Posts: 22735
View Thread
 Print Thread
Zon live album
diegopomp
1st july Zon 'Live'....clap
[img]https://rockandprog.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/zon-live.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

gdazegod
Nice.. shop

Explorer
Yes!!

Nick C
Boom!...Brilliant! Only download option for pre-order at the moment but does say 1st Zon Live CD so looks like there may be physical copies.
Edited by Nick C on 19-06-2017 17:35

reyno-roxx
Wow! With this and the Straight Lines reissues things are really looking up!

Carl Noonan
https://howardhel...
You can listen to it at Howard's site. Sounds great, stuff off the first 2 albums and a few tracks I didn't know. Can't wait to get the cd.
Edited by gdazegod on 19-06-2017 23:59

tompa
A must-have!

RobLynott
Great news! I hope the quality is good.

Also, their third album 'I'm worried about the boys' is long long overdue for a proper cd release. Bring it on!!!

Nick C
Yeah, I'm Worried...is a little overlooked. Okay it's not as overblown and pomptastic as Astral Projector or to a lesser extent Back Down to Earth, but it's definitely worth a proper re-issue. It's another one that time has been kind to - it's just a different sound that was showing a little on BDtE - more 'mainstream' than what went before.

journstyx
Finally, after years of requests and gently pushing...the live album is finally there. A little rough/raw in its recording...but what a treat. A fitting tribute to the late Brian Miller! Hats off to Denton, Howard, Jim, Kim and Brian.

Nick C
Just a heads up after keeping an eye on the site for the last few days, the album is now available on CD for purchase. The CD purchase includes the download...and the download is WAV not MP3.

Jez
Ordered...marvellous

http://www.freewebs.com/jezp/
reyno-roxx
What are the shipping charges to the UK? It doesn't make that clear as the site just takes you directly to PayPal for the $15.

Jez
I ordered and it didn't give shipping. Howard emailed me shortly afterwards saying there was a glitch but it was now fixed. . it's $13 (ouch) extra i'm afraid

http://www.freewebs.com/jezp/
reyno-roxx
Thanks Jez. That's the problem with shipping from North America now, the shipping doubles - or nearly doubles - the price on anything before the potential for those crippling Royal Mail admin charges for presenting to customs are added.

Nick C
Hopefully we shouldn't have to pay customs charges on this, the limit has not been breached by the actual value of the goods and postage should not apply to the final total. I claimed back for something last year when the seller (FnA) included postage as part of the declaration. The only problem was I could only claim back the customs charge and not the overly expensive handling/processing fee charged by the Royal Mail.

By the way RE I'm Worried About the Boys..I wondered about it and he (Howard Helm) says the master was erased by the record company. He said he'll have to find out about the rights though ... so you never know it may come out on shiny disc someday but not sure what the source would be.
Edited by Nick C on 08-07-2017 21:36

david
I too ordered a copy and had to pay extra for the shipping. It's starting to become very expensive to order from the US. I looked at the Tyler Bryant CDs and postage was more than the Cds. I think there will be a time when I will stop buying from the US due to shipping costs.

Carl Noonan
I doubt it costs anywhere near what postal services around the world charge. it's only the last few years costs have shot up and my guess is that postal services have noticed how many parcels gets shipped and have agreed a pricing strategy between themselves. I might be way off but I wouldn't put it past them.

Explorer
I reckon you're spot on Carl, I've had items sent privately, rather than from bands, labels et al and the postage is nowhere near what is being asked for by the postal services in way of duties etc...a blatant rip off.

Nick C
Well I admit it has stopped me buying a few discs from overseas, the Zon wasn't going to be one - had to get that. But yeah I agree - for instance CD Baby charges short of $8 to ship a CD to the UK and you can save on that if you strip the jewel case so where the postal companies get their figures from seems to conflict with CD Baby's ability to mail out, unless they have a contract with USPS.

Jump to Forum:

Articles Cloud
Karlsson, Magnus (and Freefall) - 2015 Kingdom Of Rock, Shire - 1984 Shire (Mini LP), Tygers Of Pan Tang - 1987 Burning In The Shade, Starz - 1977 Violation, Boetz - 2001 Call To Arms, Thomas, Ian - 1978 Still Here, Nazareth - 1983 Sound Elixir, Streetheart - 1980 Drugstore Dancer, Southern Sons - 1996 Zone, Fagin, Joe - 1983 Why Don't We Spend The Night, Area - 1975 Crac!, Valentine, Robby - 2006 The Most Beautiful Pain, Dareforce - 1985 Makin' Our Own Rules, Best Of 2007 - 2007 Dangerzone, Sweet Comfort Band - 1981 Hearts Of Fire
Tags©
Toxic Shame Covered Call Covered Call Stan Meissner Rock Candy Records Angel Shakra Asperity Skull Stongbow Steve Hackett Live Albums Rock Candy Records Sheriff Jay Miles The Val Mystic Prophecy Gus G Ian Thomas Rock Candy Records T.T Quick Mikael Erlandsson REO Speedwagon Rock Candy Records Thrills Flyte Mermaid Kiss Autograph Jethro Tull Rock Candy Records Greg Lake Alessi Wounded Bird Starcastle Judas Priest Lauren Christy Jack Starr Games
All Tags