Theme Switcher
Switch to:

mewe

Join us over at the Facebook replacement MeWe.com. Join up and become part of 2018's great migration off of Facebook.
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Site Stats
Album Reviews: 6679
Comments: 16714
Ratings: 4967
Forum Posts: 22735
View Thread
 Print Thread
Bee Gees Main Course
darkblue
Was having a look through the reviews on here last night and after reading about some excellent/interesting albums I know well (Ace Frehley, Kiss, ZZ Top, Aerosmith) and some new albums I've heard (Last In Line, Reckless Love) and agree whole heartedly about, I moved on to Eric's Bee Gees review of Main Course.

I had a read and enjoyed the review, before thinking, 'pah, it's the bloody Bee Gees... what's that doing on here?'.

However, ever the one minded one (sometimes... ;-)) I checked the album out on Youtube and lo and behold the review is spot on. Yes there's the early disco sound (which I quite like). However with killer hooks and a keen mix of soft rock and hard pop, and superb vocals, I have to say I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

Just goes to show that even some music and albums I presumed I knew all I needed to know about, can still turn your head, even 40 years + after it was released.

Thanks for the great review!

gdazegod
The same for me DB.. I hope to read more of this stuff into the future.

darkblue
I'll second that.

It's great reading about albums and bands I know and comparing that against my own opinions, but I really enjoyed being inspired to try something a little out of the box and hope to do so again.

Eric
Well thanks guys, glad I could help. I do think Olivia Newton- John's version of 'Come On Over' is superior, but 'Main Course' overall is a pop rock classic. More soon...

Jump to Forum:

Articles Cloud
Kix - 1988 Blow My Fuse, Bardowell, Philip - 2005 In The Cut, Saad, Sue (And The Next) - 1980 Sue Saad And The Next, Benson, George - 1986 While The City Sleeps, Sonata Arctica - 2012 Stones Grow Her Name, Bolton, Michael - 1993 The One Thing, Dollar - 1982 The Dollar Album, Retrogress, The - 2014 Future Stories From the Past EP, Export - 1984 Contraband, Rods, The - 2003 Interview with Carl Canedy, Stonebolt - 1978 Stonebolt, Rainbow (Ritchie Blackmore's) - 2017 Live in Birmingham 2016, Anthem - 2017 Engraved, Krokus - 1981 Hardware, Thread - 1995 Thread
Tags©
Boxer Angeline Mammoth Joshua Perahia Joshua Terry Funk Nantucket Snowmen The Storm Quebec Leyden Zar Bullet Boys Rock Candy Records Erika Mychael John Verity Wounded Bird Axe Bobby Barth Cirkus (UK) Airbourne Jefferson Starship Merlin (Argentina) Ten Air Supply Cvello Ziggurat Toto Rock Candy Records Golden Earring Boom Boom Mancini Hotel Hunger Lec Zorn Project Various Artists Newman Miss Behaviour Matrex
All Tags