Comments: 16579
Ratings: 4791
Forum Posts: 21868
View Thread
GDM » Public » Reissues
 Print Thread
Bee Gees Main Course
darkblue
Was having a look through the reviews on here last night and after reading about some excellent/interesting albums I know well (Ace Frehley, Kiss, ZZ Top, Aerosmith) and some new albums I've heard (Last In Line, Reckless Love) and agree whole heartedly about, I moved on to Eric's Bee Gees review of Main Course.

I had a read and enjoyed the review, before thinking, 'pah, it's the bloody Bee Gees... what's that doing on here?'.

However, ever the one minded one (sometimes... ;-)) I checked the album out on Youtube and lo and behold the review is spot on. Yes there's the early disco sound (which I quite like). However with killer hooks and a keen mix of soft rock and hard pop, and superb vocals, I have to say I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

Just goes to show that even some music and albums I presumed I knew all I needed to know about, can still turn your head, even 40 years + after it was released.

Thanks for the great review!

gdazegod
The same for me DB.. I hope to read more of this stuff into the future.

darkblue
I'll second that.

It's great reading about albums and bands I know and comparing that against my own opinions, but I really enjoyed being inspired to try something a little out of the box and hope to do so again.

Eric
Well thanks guys, glad I could help. I do think Olivia Newton- John's version of 'Come On Over' is superior, but 'Main Course' overall is a pop rock classic. More soon...

Jump to Forum:

Search DDG