Theme Switcher
Switch to:

mewe

Join us over at the Facebook replacement MeWe.com. Join up and become part of 2018's great migration off of Facebook.
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Site Stats
Album Reviews: 6679
Comments: 16714
Ratings: 4967
Forum Posts: 22735
View Thread
 Print Thread
Bee Gees Main Course
darkblue
Was having a look through the reviews on here last night and after reading about some excellent/interesting albums I know well (Ace Frehley, Kiss, ZZ Top, Aerosmith) and some new albums I've heard (Last In Line, Reckless Love) and agree whole heartedly about, I moved on to Eric's Bee Gees review of Main Course.

I had a read and enjoyed the review, before thinking, 'pah, it's the bloody Bee Gees... what's that doing on here?'.

However, ever the one minded one (sometimes... ;-)) I checked the album out on Youtube and lo and behold the review is spot on. Yes there's the early disco sound (which I quite like). However with killer hooks and a keen mix of soft rock and hard pop, and superb vocals, I have to say I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

Just goes to show that even some music and albums I presumed I knew all I needed to know about, can still turn your head, even 40 years + after it was released.

Thanks for the great review!

gdazegod
The same for me DB.. I hope to read more of this stuff into the future.

darkblue
I'll second that.

It's great reading about albums and bands I know and comparing that against my own opinions, but I really enjoyed being inspired to try something a little out of the box and hope to do so again.

Eric
Well thanks guys, glad I could help. I do think Olivia Newton- John's version of 'Come On Over' is superior, but 'Main Course' overall is a pop rock classic. More soon...

Jump to Forum:

Articles Cloud
Cardillo, Vince - 1993 First Step [ep], Furr - 1977 Furr, Logan, Johnny - 1989 Mention My Name, Face Face (Switzerland) - 2005 Bridge To Nowhere, Visitor - 1980 Visitor, Uttaro - 1993 The Edge Of My Life, Trickster - 1979 Back To Zero, Unruly Child - 2010 Worlds Collide, Mastedon - 1990 Lofcaudio, Bon Jovi - 2002 Bounce, Manowar - 2002 Interview with Scott Columbus, Various Artists - 1980 Brute Force (NWOBHM Compilation), Pearl - 1977 Pearl, Sanne - 1994 Language Of Your Heart, Rough Cutt - 1986 Wants You!
Tags©
Virgin Steele Flying Squad Uncle Sid Fatal Force Rock Candy Records Romeos Daughter Piper Billy Squier Ion Vein The Automatix Detroit The Scorpions Buckacre Pavlovs Dog Ace Frehley The Rockets Patty Smyth Scandal Krackerjack Dockers Guild Total Eclipse Tiles Rock Candy Records Diamond REO Red Wine Kansas Shadowman Fireworks Anthem REO Speedwagon Accept Alien (Sweden) Loverboy Heartplay Soleil Moon
All Tags