Theme Switcher
Switch to:

mewe

Join us over at the Facebook replacement MeWe.com. Join up and become part of 2018's great migration off of Facebook.
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Site Stats
Album Reviews: 6679
Comments: 16714
Ratings: 4967
Forum Posts: 22735
View Thread
 Print Thread
future suggestions
code4
Albert Hammond - Your World and My World (1981)

Lava (Norway) - Fire (1984) or The Rhythm Of Love (1990)

Dag Lauvland - One Step Closer (1989)

Ranveig Johnsen - Watch That Girl (1988)

Marlene - Looking For Love (1984)

Greg Mathieson Project - Baked Potato Super Live (1982)

I could think of many more but i'm sure so could each and every one of us. Given the site seems to deal in anything from hi-tech pop AOR, to westcoast, to melodic and harder AOR etc etc, quality suggestions aren't about to run out any time soon.

Eric
That Albert Hammond album is a good one....

code4
I agree Eric. The title track, Memories, I want you back here with me and even the more simplistic Take me Sailing with it's beautiful almost surreal lyrical imagery are masterworks. Another absolutely instant entry for my top 50 albums of all time.

As for Lava, they surely need no introduction to anybody into so called AOR. Even better all their cd's (well, with the omission of the debut, i would take a guess master tapes are lost or something) are finally getting re-issued on cd by preservation records norway. Cruisin' and Prime Time both available for sale (both never on cd format before ever) falling into pure westcoast AOR and sometimes funk/Jazz fusion type sounds whereas i noticed the owner of preservation has replied to somebody inquiring about 'Lava-Fire' on facebook last month saying that 'Fire' is coming next! WOW. That's nice news since it's been impossible to get this cd on ebay for anything under $300 dollars since ebay begun and because it contains utterly amazing songs like 'I'm in Love' and many others. Just as does Rhythm of Love (Try 'Heartache', 'Guess You Broke My Heart', 'She's The One' and many others- ridiculously good- all posted on youtube)
Behind the Marlene is Jay gruska, Larry Williams, Seawind horn section, Michael Landau (adding some super solos as usual) and Nathan East. Listen to 'Goodbye Love' and hear the bassline and the horn section at the break. Interestingly enough it is her 1982 album called 'summer nights' actually credited as 'Marlene with Seawind' that seems to get the most attention on AOR sites but i do not think that one is nearly as good. Her vocals are much better on 'Looking For Love' to begin with.

Dag Lauvland. Well i practically went to sleep with this cd under my freaking pillow when i got a new copy for about 60 euro in 2008 because i had this on LP for years prior and always loved it but it was impossible to find (let alone mint) on cd or for anywhere under $200 in those years. All until some hero in Norway came on and sold about 8 copies brand new. It features the incredible guitar work and also incredible smooth digital production of the late Marius Muller who was considered basically Norway's greatest guitar player i believe. 'Stonewall' is an amazing song. 'High Adventure', 'Stay Inside You'- again all on youtube.

Ranveig Johnsen. Paid 300 dollars to buy this cd several years ago in mint condition (never before or since have been willing to pay that much for any cd- except maybe Lava Fire if i could find a mint one). Never regret it. There are a few songs i have always absolutely loved on it.

Anyway, if anybody is considering doing these reviews in the future or wants any more info on these albums feel free to get in touch by PM for any reason.

Other suggestions: Marilyn Scott Without Warning 1983 (produced by Michael sembello), Bogart Co- New Games (1987 their best album in my opinion...the most AOR styled one). 'Waiting For You', 'The Last Son of Summer' and 'People' would be some song suggestions from that one if anybody is cruisin' youtube

Jump to Forum:

Articles Cloud
Black Majesty - 2003 Sands Of Time, Saga - 1987 Wildest Dreams, REO Speedwagon - 1979 Nine Lives, UFO - 1983 Making Contact, Robertson Brothers - 2003 Here, Vital Signs - 2002 Vital Signs, Andersen Laine Readman - 2006 Three, Stackridge - 2009 A Victory For Common Sense, Satan - 2013 Life Sentence, White Honey - 1979 Some Kinda Woman, Flag - 1997 Across The Stars, Sharx - 1985 On The Rock, Sherbs, The - 1982 Shaping Up, Watchmen - 1989 Generation, Saga - 1981 Worlds Apart
Tags©
The Babys Bad English Journey Rock Candy Records Magnum (USA) Hybrid Ice Echo Jet USM Mitch Malloy Frazier River Final Frontier American Noise Russia (Band) Wounded Bird Force 10 Lorna Wright Camel (#2) Judas Priest Raw Silk The Look Detroit Uncle Sid Kjetil By The Guess Who Kilowatt Crowcuss Darksun The Kinks Dave Davies Michael Thompson Band Victory David Bowie P.M Heat EP Krokus Eight Seconds Barely Legal Rubicon Jace Pawlak From The Fire
All Tags