Theme Switcher
Switch to:

mewe

Join us over at the Facebook replacement MeWe.com. Join up and become part of 2018's great migration off of Facebook.
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Site Stats
Album Reviews: 6679
Comments: 16714
Ratings: 4967
Forum Posts: 22735
View Thread
 Print Thread
RAGE
rob garcia
Hi guys!excuse my ignorance on this but who does rage sound like? the reason i ask its because i always thought that rage were playing some sort of old heavy metal but since rock candy reissues the albums they must have some connection with hard rock.thanx for the replies in advance.

gdazegod
Praying Mantis and Demon are the two bands which come to mind.

Carl Noonan
There's a German metal band called Rage who've been around for years and are very heavy. The English band Rage evolved from Liverpool Band Nutz who were a great 70's hard rock band who were influenced by the likes of Deep Purple and Uriah Heep etc. They made 4 albums released through AandM records. Rage was essentially Nutz moving in a more radio friendly direction and had influences along the lines of Foreigner and Bad Company etc.
Rage were a good melodic rock band but personally I preferred their music when they were Nutz.

darkblue
Those are pretty good comparisons...Purple, Heep, Demon, Praying Mantis.

I really like Rage, but I'd suggest they were never quite as refined as the above bands. A little rougher round the edges and more 'ROCK!' in their attitude, if that makes sense.

Well worth checking out in my opinion.

gdazegod
Actually, the 'The Run For The Night' album, which I'm listening to now sounds eerily similar to Grand Prix and Stratus.

englandashes
Of course, their is a dodgy review of this album in the 1983 articles!

Surprisingly I spent much of my early years buying the German Rage, than the Liverpool guys!, even today I still don't have the 1st and 2nd albums, just RFTN and A 7 picture disc single of Bootleggers, which was the old Nutz tune, and again zero Nutz in my collections, about time to pick them up along with the Rage on RC.

Shall I mention 2AM? only on vinyl, maybe the CD could be re-issued on RC ?

rob garcia
thanx very much for your help guys!. based on what you fellas say about the english rage i'll surely check them out.

englandashes
All three of the Rage albums took a hammering in Classic Rock, seriously if run for the night is only 4 out of 10', then its obvoius the guy who reviewed it either didnt actually listen to it, or has no knowledge of Aor, or Rock music.

darkblue
englandashes wrote:

All three of the Rage albums took a hammering in Classic Rock, seriously if run for the night is only 4 out of 10', then its obvoius the guy who reviewed it either didnt actually listen to it, or has no knowledge of Aor, or Rock music.

Yes, I noticed that too.

As is the norm now, I picked up Classic Rock, flicked through the 'news', glanced over the reviews (shook my head more than a few times) and then put it back on the rack.

To think, it used to be a no brainer purchase for me. The only times I buy it now is if there's a decent free CD (like the Thunder live CD from a few issues ago). The rest of it is garbage.

Jump to Forum:

Articles Cloud
Black Majesty - 2002 Sands Of Time [Promo], Rubicon (Holland) - 1992 Land Of Dreams (EP), Blue Oyster Cult - 1977 Spectres, 4 Out Of 5 Doctors - 1982 2nd Opinion, Face To Face - 1984 Face To Face, Breathe - 1987 All That Jazz, Toto - 1978 Toto, Riverdogs - 1990 Riverdogs, Duke Jupiter - 1984 White Knuckle Ride, Nite City - 1978 Golden Days Diamond Nights, Five Way Friday - 2000 Run Like This, Cherry Lips - 2009 Cherry Lips, Vanden Plas - 2006 Christ O, Mystery (Australia) - 2013 2013, Lucifers Friend - 1978 Good Time Warrior
Tags©
Monster Truck Body Electric Fabulous Poodles Big Bad Wolf Saxon Dream Evil Legion Phil Vincent Stencil Forest Magnum Survivor Rock Candy Records Osukaru Ozone Chris Ousey Sea Level Anthrax Belladonna Hott Roxx Chase Gregg Rolie Wounded Bird Yes Stiletto (Australia) Barry Manilow Honeymoon Suite Live Albums Judas Priest Pink Floyd T.T Quick Dave Lambert Vertigo Karla Bonoff Boetz Neil Arthur The Imperials
All Tags