Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Site Stats
Album Reviews: 6860
Comments: 16620
Ratings: 4879
Forum Posts: 22005
View Thread
GDM » Review Requests » Review Requests?
 Print Thread
Shy talk.
airborne
I see, this album, hasn't been reviewed yet. This is one,i bought at a record fair, sealed, for 50p, around 95/96. I played it a few times, and, filed it away, with other titles i wasn't bothered with. Played it today, and, was quite surprised, how many good tracks are on there. Nothing fantastic, just your 80's guitar/ keyboard sound. Singer, was quite good.

airborne
For anyone that's never heard of shy talk, and, i bet theres a few. Here's a taster.

https://www.youtu...qK1RzRGvFA
Edited by airborne on 19-09-2012 23:10

Eric
Agree- It should be reviewed. A nice album.

jefflynnefan
Hmm, thanks for posting a song from this band. I haven't heard of them but liked the song.

englandashes
Yep, picked up a while again, was covered in AOR Classics.

Eric
Yeah, Barrie Kirtley reviewed it in AOR Classics. I'd give it a shot for GD, but I've got way too much on my plate at the moment. Anyone else?

airborne
It's funny, how your taste changes over the years. At one time, i had no interest at all in this album. 'She was alway's on time', is a good one. I read somewhere, they are british?, and, were once called motivation.

gdazegod
I don't have it, so that discounts me.

airborne
I'm shocked george.

gdazegod
This is still a very difficult album to track down. I want it because so many other people want it.. lol

They were British, and set up camp in New York when signed to Elektra Records.

melodiapositiva
Sounds great,it would be nice a d-link for this album ....

gdazegod
It's impossible to find as a download. I will buy it as a vinyl, most likely.

Carl Noonan
Used to see loads of copies of this in the cut out bins for pennies, bought it and binned it.

kim_hp
This is a really good record if you enjoy the classic high-tech sound. I would draw comparisations to groups like Jakata, The Arrows or The Metros. Really good, and not rare at all. You get probably get it on eBay or Discogs for 5 bucks.

If you guys want, I can provide a download link to my rip of this LP including HQ artwork. Would be nice to see this reviewed on GD.

bpdp3
Found this album for around $3 several years back. No previous knowledge of it. Sometimes when you're sifting through the used vinyl bins you come across albums like this: major label, unknown name, band has the right image... you just know you're supposed to pick it up!

melodiapositiva
I would draw comparisations to groups like Jakata, The Arrows or The Metros....

Wow! that's what i,m looking for Grin

Who are The metros? i didn't hear about them...

gdazegod
Jose, we have reviewed The Metros previously. They are within our 1986 pages. https://.glorydaz...le_id=5362

melodiapositiva
Thanks George! i 've read the review and seen the video ,I LOVE IT!! that's great stuff ,it reminds me to The arrows a lot.....

Jump to Forum:

Search DDG