Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
View Thread
GDM » Public » Reissues
 Print Thread
Rock Candy Latest
tompa
reyno-roxx wrote:

Believe me, the label has not drifted away from the 70s. Far from it. Patience please chaps.

Sounds encouraging!

Carl Noonan
It would be good if they would throw us a bone. I used to look forward to reading the list of potential releases they'd post on the website but since they stopped doing it we have no idea what is coming for months.
Edited by Carl Noonan on 07-08-2017 09:55

rkbluez
Carl Noonan wrote:

It would be good if they would throw us a bone. I used to look forward to reading the list of potential releases they'don't post on the website but since they stopped doing it we have no idea what is coming for months.

Yeah I used to always check out that coming soon list for potential titles they might do...now no news until the next batch of releases...still I have faith the label will be putting out more cool stuff.

RobLynott
reyno-roxx wrote:

Believe me, the label has not drifted away from the 70s. Far from it. Patience please chaps.

It's not the 70s stuff they drifted away from, it's the late 70s/early 80s aor/pomp they were known for in the beginning. Where's the rest of the Max Webster bunch, Face Dancer, Starcastle, Harlequin, Bighorn....? The list goes on and on... Unfortunately stuff like Bullseye or the two Mayday albums were exceptions from the rule. And I think a LOT of people want more of that instead of some 90s bands...

reyno-roxx
See my comment regarding licensing....

RobLynott
New Rock Candy titles due November 24th (of course the date will be pushed back, but anyway...)

Riot - Fire Down Under (Reissued to death, no need for another version since the Metal Blade one with 2 bonus tracks came out last year)
Malice - Licence To Kill
Shaw/Blades - Hallucination (easy to track down, no need)
D'Molls - S/T (horrible album, no need)
Shadow king - S/T

Hugely disappointing again :-( If this is all they can get the liscense of... I dunno... Way too much 90s stuff for my liking and nothing really interesting. SKIP!

melodiapositiva
I agree Rob ,nothing interestingSad

gdazegod
I'd be interested in Riot (I don't have the MB version) and Malice. The others I already have or am not interested in.

darkblue
RobLynott wrote:

New Rock Candy titles due November 24th (of course the date will be pushed back, but anyway...)

Riot - Fire Down Under (Reissued to death, no need for another version since the Metal Blade one with 2 bonus tracks came out last year)
Malice - Licence To Kill
Shaw/Blades - Hallucination (easy to track down, no need)
D'Molls - S/T (horrible album, no need)
Shadow king - S/T

Hugely disappointing again :-( If this is all they can get the liscense of... I dunno... Way too much 90s stuff for my liking and nothing really interesting. SKIP!

I LOVE that Shadow King album, but why would I need to buy it again.

rkbluez
Agree DB...really glad Sony Japan is putting out some classic's like Straight Lines every once in a while...hopefully they'll do more stuff like that in the next batch.

Hopefully Rock Candy will do some more classic's we're waiting for until then there's nothing in this new batch I'm dying for or will probably pick up.

Nick C
S-s-s-sony have done a good job with the Straight Lines. They sound great but if I'm being picky the graphics are a bit tiny, they follow the album release format I guess, and that approach works for mini LP replicas, but for a jewel case CD?? I dunno, the inserts help to a extent. Having said that for the price they are a steal and any graphicalogisticus (real word...nah kidding!) upgrade may have affected the price.
By the way the S-s-s - was because I was listening to the Fox Box earlier.
Edited by Nick C on 21-10-2017 01:30

rostoned
RobLynott wrote:

Shaw/Blades - Hallucination (easy to track down, no need) ....

Interesting to note that the Japanese original edition of S/B had 2 bonus tracks and it's quite cheap to buy and easy to find still today........

Jump to Forum: