Comments: 16620
Ratings: 4879
Forum Posts: 22005
View Thread
GDM » Public » Reissues
 Print Thread
Rock Candy Latest
reyno-roxx
As just announced on the RC site, June 18th will be a momentous day for reissue fans. Here's what's due:

FM 'Indiscreet' 2CD special anniversary edition featuring 16 bonus tracks.

FM - 'Tough It Out'

Harlequin - 'One False Move'

Teri DeSario - 'Caught'

Added to the forthcoming list:

House Of Lords - S/T and 'Sahara'

Spys - S/T and 'Behind Enemy Lines'

Streetheart - 'Dancing With Danger' and 'Drugstore Dancer' Thumbs Up

swazi
That's some great news !! Thanks for the heads-up ! clap

http://www.bstuenkel.de/2.html
rkbluez
Great news Dave...Rock Candy surely Rocks!!!!

Looking forward to the Harlequin, Streetheart and Spys reissues for sure.

RobLynott
Kick Ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Giving the people what they want clap

gdazegod
Wow Streetheart!! clap

Eric
Ditto on Streetheart!

AORboyo
Immense!!!.........Some cracking gems being unearthed in 2012 soo far from outta of the archive vaults.

May all things melodic this good continue for the rest of the year and beyond. Derek is doing the MHR anoraks like us all proud :0).

Roll bloody on!!!

Nick C
Flipping heck thank goodness it's my birthday at the end of June, I can add stuff to my wish list hahaha! ...Rock Candy are skinting me out at the moment. Just ordered the Wireless...still haven't got around to getting the Dakota's or a couple of the Max Websters yet ... it's stopping me getting other stuff that I want...esp the Byrds complete album set! Spys...awesome, I've got the old 2 on 1 but gotta get the RC ones...two of my all time fave albums. Nice to see Dancing with Danger getting a proper release, esp after getting that crummy CDR off Amazon. Drugstore Dancer I'll probably pass on as I have it ... are the rest of the Streetheart and Harlequin catalogues being looked at????

Figure i'll just go without food next month...ahhhh who needs it, I could do with losing a few pounds!!!!!
Edited by Nick C on 11-05-2012 21:58

airborne
Harlequn, streetheart. Hope i can hold out that long.

Jez
The 2 Spys done RC styleee - Just what the Doctor ordered. Good on the Harlequin and Streetheart too. Thumbs Up

http://www.freewebs.com/jezp/
gdazegod
Should be an interesting essay re: SPYS. Our interview from nearly ten years ago with John Blanco had a lot of useful stuff. Will be interested to see if that is expanded on.. now that we are ten years down the track. Look fwd to it.

AORboyo
I know this topic's been chatted about on several occasions....

Bloody nora!!!.....Just visited the HMV website, Holy Christ when I clicked on the RC titles.......The price on CD's is totally outta control, no wonder HMV are financially in ruin, £15-00 (UK Sterling) for a CD.....NOT that long ago I used to pick up RC titles from the very same retailer online for £8-99 Pre-Order.

No wonder why the music climate is in utter ruin, well surely this goes towards NOT helping the matter.

Complete utter fookin' madness!!!

rkbluez
I'll get my copies from Mike at NEH Records he sells them for $15.99 US which is equal to their 10.99 British Pound.

I think their stuff is worth the money but not 15 pounds.

Ralfster
Woahhhh, a proper reissue of TERI DeSARIO's 'Caught'!! I just can't believe I can replace my worn out vinyl transfer of that AOR gem finally!! I'm sure this will meet the expected 'Rock Candy' quality standards... especially sonically.

Having just listened to the Renaissance Records reissue of the fabulous TANE CAIN album, I have to say this surely would have sounded so much better if Rock Candy had done it. Pity!

AOR Lee
Can't wait for the Streetheart Dancing With Danger reissue !

reyno-roxx
Ralfster wrote:
Woahhhh, a proper reissue of TERI DeSARIO's 'Caught'!! I just can't believe I can replace my worn out vinyl transfer of that AOR gem finally!! I'm sure this will meet the expected 'Rock Candy' quality standards... especially sonically.

It does, of course, and with the full support and approval of Teri herself in terms of the liner notes Thumbs Up
Edited by reyno-roxx on 12-05-2012 16:11

rkbluez
Teri DeSario's one that has slipped me by for one reason or another...does it rock? Who can you compare her to?

reyno-roxx
Teri DeSario was in a class of her own on the album, but at a push I'd go with a couple of names Richard B mentioned in the review on this site.... Pat Benatar and Cher.

It DOES rock, the title track and 'I've Got A Secret' especially, but there are a couple of ballads on there as well as a bit of pop rock too.
Edited by reyno-roxx on 12-05-2012 20:39

airborne
Yeah. Teri's album, is a solid gold gem. She was obviously listing to pat benatar.

rkbluez
Probably pass on that one...not really into albums with chick singers that are on the poppy side...I like stuff a little more hard rockin' like Lee Aaron though.

There's enough stuff to buy anyways with the mighty Wireless (just preordered from NEH)...the Spys...the Harlequin...and the killer Streetheart 'Dancing With Danger are essential purchases for me.

Now I'd to see Striker, Randy Hansen, Ozz, Creed, Link, Masters Of The Airwaves, Hellfield, Holland 'Little Monsters' and to be honest I'd love to see Rock Candy do the City Boy albums as Renaissance did a suck job on them.
Edited by rkbluez on 12-05-2012 21:19

Jump to Forum:

Search DDG